Friday, September 17, 2004

So, what now?

First: thank you, blog friends, for your encouragement via my comments. As I've stated in the past, I tend not to reply to comments a lot of the time -- I wasn't sure of the etiquette before, but now with the Blogger comments, it's a slight pain in the ass.

Anyway, now, the post:

My life is likely going to be consumed with job-related posts in the next several weeks. That's because that's about the only thing going on in my life.

The latest news on that front is that my current job, which I hate anyway, ends in November. Unfortunately, my boss can't just renew my contract; she found out yesterday that she is required to post the job externally. No choice. So, if someone with 15 minutes more experience than me comes along and applies for it... she may be forced to give it to that person.

Beautiful irony. May lose the job. Need the job. Hate the job, but still need the job. May lose it anyway. Lovely.

SO. The Job becomes important for two reasons: not only do I need to find a job that I LOVE, but I also need to find a secure job period.

Oy.

Eventually I'll start posting about something other than this. When it's resolved. Which could be a while. A long while.
|