Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Why do I feel so calm?

A bizarre calm has set in. It's frightening me. I haven't felt calm about anything in more than a month -- why now? I have been praying for calm, sure, but these things don't usually come so easily.

Anyway.

Barring sudden disaster, dinner is on with The Friend with The Job tonight.

I should come out of this dinner knowing exactly what's happening with The Job. It is what I have wanted for weeks but I'm actually struggling with the idea of things moving smoothly over the next little while. It's funny how quickly a person gets used to stress and those restless feelings that go along with waiting for something.

Of course, I have said "X should happen today..." many, MANY times, and X didn't happen that day (or ever), so I'm not exactly counting on anything.

Just very strongly hoping.

|