Friday, October 22, 2004

And now we wait. Again.

Had the interview. The moment I met my potential boss, I knew I'd love to work for him. Flamboyantly gay and fabulous, he was a riot.

We chatted for about half an hour. It was quite informal and I am very confident I made a good impression. Mainly because he told me so.

The bad part? It would be a significant pay cut. But I need to love my job again, so I'll deal with the money if they offer me something.

And, so, now I wait. He's talking to a couple of other people, and then taking a short vacation starting on Tuesday, so he'll call me at the end of next week or the first week of November in regards to a second interview.

The nice thing about this is that it gives The Job a bit more time to play out. Mind you, it also forces me to wait even longer for anything to be shored up, thus prolonging the stress of the unknown.

But somehow I don't feel nearly as hopeless as I did going into last weekend.
|