Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Carolyn and A Small Epiphany

So far, so good. Carolyn's book is an interesting account of the road she took to her current position. I think the main message so far is that, you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good. In other words, she works hard to be totally prepared and ready for opportunities, and when they strike, she runs at them with gusto.

Nothing I didn't know already, but she does lay it out in an interesting way. I just think the difference between her and most of the rest of us is that has been in the right place at the right time quite a bit. But, again, good on her for capitalizing.

Interestingly, I have realized WHY I have been so actively trying to figure out what I need to do to "get exactly what I want" -- meaning, The Job, or one equally as good (if it exists.)

I'm searching for ways to control the situation I'm presently in. I'm trying to control.

HEY. RUMPY. IT'S OUT OF YOUR HANDS NOW.

Yes, I see that. But I've realized that I have already done as much as I can possibly do, and now I have to LET. IT. GO.

That's hard. That is so hard. I've already tried to let it go and I have failed to some degree. I have to let it go and leave it alone instead of looking for further ways to hurry it along. (That includes hoping for more accidental bump-ins, that includes wondering if others are involved in the application process, that includes all of it.)

And so, I pray for patience. I ask God to just give me the patience and the strength to get through every day until I have an answer. And not just an answer to The Job, but a final solution to my career crisis -- whether it involves The Job or not.
|