Sunday, October 10, 2004

Getting exactly what you want.

How do these people do it? The people who say, "I know exactly what I want, and I go out there and get it." How exactly is it that they do that?

I have worked as hard as I know how in my quest for The Job. And I'm comforted by the comments that say my impatient email probably didn't do as much damage as I may think. From submitting what I consider to be an outstanding resume/portfolio package based on tips from the main insider there, to making the difficult follow-up phonecalls, to subtley (for the most part) working my other contacts there... is there more I should do? Should have done?

What exactly are those people doing who actually DO aim at what they want, and his the target every time? Is it any more than what I'm doing? I'd like to believe that I have a pretty good handle on what it takes to get there -- I've done it in the past.

But my confidence has been shaken for some reason, and now I'm questioning whether I have any idea at all.

I will say, the answer on this may come sooner rather than later due to some interesting happenings in the local marketplace, that may cause the busy season to end earlier than normal.

We can only hope this answer is coming, or I'll likely become more insufferable as I try to be patient... and I can guarantee, nobody wants that.
|