Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I wish I had an update. But I don't. Nothing meaningful, anyway.

I got a pair of kicky new red boots -- free, from a friend who bought them right before she had a baby and now her feet have changed and she can't wear them. She had them just long enough to break them in, but not long enough to scuff them up.

Score.

Oh yeah, also...

I turned down that job I mentioned in yesterday's post, last night. We had a very nice conversation and he seemed genuinely disappointed (and told me as much) that I wouldn't be coming to work for them, but I had to do it. And I didn't feel a shred of regret. That is, until now... which is 10:20am on Tuesday, and I still haven't heard back from the other job and NOW I am worried.

Not that I regret turning down that job because, despite the fact that it could be considered a bit of a status thing to work there, it just felt wrong.

I'm just quite terrified that, despite the fact that the boss at this other job was drooling over the prospect of getting someone with my particular experience and skill set to round out his team... that something will happen to make him change his mind, and then I'm screwed.

STRESS HEADACHE RETURNING. Well, it was gone for three days... I guess I should feel thankful for THAT.

Otherwise, no update. Still nothing good to report, nothing to celebrate, no answers. Still can't move on. Still stuck, still waiting. Life still ON HOLD.

I have had just about enough of this.
|