Thursday, November 25, 2004

A meaningful update, for once. And other stuff.

It came down to the wire, but the job situation is finally over. (Mostly. Sort of.)

The story is too long to bother recounting here, but I'm leaving the current job to take a pretty good alternative.

I don't start until January -- which happens to be when things with The Job are allegedly going to be decided. Sometimes I wonder if they'll ever finally deal with it... they have to eventually but it's gone on so long that it feels more like a dream than reality anymore.

SO, while I have avoided unemployment (and in a rather good way), I'm still somewhat on-hold... just finding out whether I'll have a real shot at my dream job.

If not? I'm totally okay with that. If the dream job doesn't happen, I will be sad but not crushed. And I'll get over it.

The fact is, I have my life back, and I could not be more thankful or grateful.

And so...

Many thanks must go out my amazing* friend Sharon and her fantastic* husband David who have been my lifeline via IM, while I tried to keep myself from drowning in worry, doubt, and fear.

And naturally my love R. who has put up with my endless bullshit for the past four months.

AND, all of you regular readers who have encouraged me daily through your comments. A girl doesn't deserve this, I tell you.

But the biggest thanks must go to God. He is good, He is faithful, and He has not deserted me even when I probably deserved to be hit by lightning and put to pasture.

So now... what will I write about? Good question. Probably some chatter about whether The Job actually materializes, but more likely some far-more inane topics.

Like how I'm falling in love with Tostitos with Lime. And how I am genuinely happy for Mary and Byron on the Bachelor. And how Jen Scheftt is a bit full of herself from all appearances.

AND, hopefully sooner rather than later, I can write the announcement that I have found and purchased a house... and am engaged to be married to the love of my life. (You'd think I'd be the master of patience by now. Ha.)

Thanks all. It's a good day.

*Words may be replaced with any of the following: generous, selfless, endlessly patient, giving, and/or kind.

NOTE TO CLARIFY: I am not engaged. I hope to GET engaged. And if I do, then I will talk about it. Sorry for the confusion.
|