Saturday, November 13, 2004

On coffee. Or off.

I am off coffee. For "religious reasons", sort of.

If I can recommend anything to anyone, it is: don't go off coffee. I don't care what they say about too much caffiene. I don't care if they're now saying that coffee causes premature aging of the skin. I don't care.

I drive by several Starbucks locations every day, and each one seems to cry out to me. I haven't had a grande non-fat Caramel Macchiato in more than a week. IT'S ONLY BEEN A WEEK. But it's been a long, long, gruelling, arduous, hard week.

Oh coffee, why are you such a temptress?

I have set December 24th as my end date for this "coffee fast". That is when my 56 days of prayer are over. For that night, for Christmas Eve, I am dreaming about a coffee with Baileys... or an Eggnot Latte... or even the sludge from the machine at work.

I don't care. Just give me my bloody cup.

And it will be bloody, as I scratch and claw my way to the front of the line at Starbucks. And it will be very good.
|