Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Still no call to my references. Can this seriously be happening? Honestly.

But that's not what this post is about.

So, I was sitting at my desk on my fourth-last day at the job-that-I-hate, when I heard a male voice and then the voice of my boss, coming towards my area at the back of our office. The guy is the person who was hired to replace me, as I have quit.

My boss came around the corner and was speaking to the guy, saying, "And this is Pink... she's leaving us for (name of better job), which should be really exciting for her. Pink Stiletto, this is Kevin!"

And then Kevin came around the corner. And I immediately said, "Hi... I KNOW you..." and he had this weird look of recognition flash across his face, and said nothing. So I said, "I can't place it... why do I know you?"

And I think he might have mumbled something about not being sure, before I stuck out my hand to shake his and said, "Oh, well, welcome to the office. I think you'll like it here."

The my boss started to say something, and she lead him away to meet the rest of the crew. After he left, I went up to the front where our receptionist sits and asked his last name.

PS: Jan, what's the new guy's last name?
Jan: R&ssen, I think. Yeah, that's it.
PS: (blink) (blink)

I think I DATED that guy.

No, I don't just think it... I'm quite sure I did. But I can't remember for the life of me when, where, or why we didn't date for long enough that I would REMEMBER him.

Oy. So embarassed. It's not like I've dated THAT many guys that I can't even put a name to a face anymore. Is it?

Of course, I wasn't wearing makeup and my hair was all limp because it's so damn dry in our office now that winter is here. Which sucks, because now that I realize WHY I know him, that look of recognition makes a lot more sense.

I can bet he was thinking, "Not only does she not remember me... but I'm pretty glad I didn't end up with her. Ew."

Ack.
|