Thursday, November 18, 2004

Why does it have to hurt so much?

My tongue, that is.

I burned it. Really badly. On a too-hot cup of hot chocolate.

Obviously it was too hot or I wouldn't have burned it. Duh-UH. Why am I so stupid?

It's not the whole tongue, mind you. It's just a little oval shaped area that corresponds directly to the white plastic lid on the paper coffee cup I was drinking from.

But that little oval shaped area may as well be as big as my entire head, because it HURTS. I think I taste blood.

So I had an Almond Croissant to make myself feel better.

Except now I just feel guilty, fat, and with a freak-tongue.

Oh, also, I'm waiting to hear from both places I had job interviews with yesterday. Yes, BOTH places. I had two interviews in one day. One for my current, I-hate-it job, and one for another job that isn't The Job, but it would be okay. I think. I'm not sure.

Needless to say, I'm clearly not certain about my future right now.
|