Wednesday, December 08, 2004

While you wait...

Michelle mentioned in a comment on the last post, that I seem happy.

Actually, I'm not. Not entirely. Not yet. Things still aren't decided on a number of fronts and until they are, I don't think I'll really be able to relax and enjoy life the same way as I used to.

Thankfully, I have my recent weight loss to keep me occupied.

Three more pounds, my pretties, and I'm into jeans that are a couple of sizes smaller. Not size 4 yet, but getting there. Which is why the jeans purchase today was accompanied by a much-deserved pretty sweater from American Eagle. One must celebrate ones achievements -- this being, turning down Christmas baking and other such evils, for the past week. If that's not worth 3 pounds, I don't know what is.

I also decided to make myself some highly healthy, much craved hummus. But I didn't have the ingredients, so I had to go to the store. Three supermarkets later, I found the secret ingredient (tahina = ground sesame seeds) at Superstore.

I don't know about any American supermarkets, but in Canada, Superstore attempts to do its environmental part by charging $0.05 for each plastic bag you need for your groceries. I personally think they're just cheap bastards. Like the savvy Superstore shopper that I am, (also a cheap bastard who doesn't want to pay an extra five cents for a plastic bag), I grabbed a cardboard box to carry my groceries.

As I walked around the store, I was delighted to realize I now have a relationship with ice cream whereby I can walk past it, say hello ("Hi Chocolate Crackle, I loved you once..."), and continue to prance on past in my new, sexy jeans. (My junk is looking good, people.)

Got my ingredients, went to the cash.

Instead of putting my groceries IN the box, the brain surgeon at the cash register put them all BESIDE the box. Lifting a jar of bell peppers three inches up and to the right is clearly outside of the job description of this cashier.

But, I got my stuff, made my hummus (mmm, garlic), ate my dinner, and now I'm here.

Did I mention the jeans were on sale?
|