Sunday, January 09, 2005

Anniversary of sorts

I started blogging almost exactly a year ago.

I had started a new job -- my first "desk" job, after years as a television reporter -- and found I was bored out of my skin most days.

To survive the one year contract I'd signed, I found more and more blogs to read every day. My daily reads list was quite varied; from the widely-known and widely-read Dooce, Amalah, and Zoot... to people who shared some of my own interests, like The Sarcastic Journalist and Type A... to a group of women who struggle with infertility, something I know nothing about, but have found absolutely fascinating and compelling... and so very many in between, a number of whom (like Shiz and hubby David, and Michelle) who have become people who are no longer bloggers who I know, but long-distance friends who happen to blog.

But then I had December off, and have started a new job where I am very busy all day, and have no time or ability to access my blog or anyone else's. I could do it at night, but my evenings are hectic right now too as I search for a house to buy.

There are many blogs I haven't read in ages. Cactus, Dana, and Oliquig... JUST to name a very few. Sorry folks, I'm trying, I really am.

As for posting... I'll make a better effort to keep up on here. I hope there are some significant life developments to report in the VERY near future.

Check that -- I KNOW there will be some.

Stay tuned. The posts may be a little less frequent, but they should actually start to become way more exciting.

Be excited... I think I am.

**Editor's Note: Sorry for any of you who I didn't list -- it's not that I don't read you too or consider you in great company with those who I did list, but I'm not at home and don't have my bookmarks... and yadda yadda. I still love you all. I do.
|