Thursday, January 20, 2005

It's been a weird, weird ride

Okay. Sorry for not writing. I almost posted from work today, but I remembered a co-worker telling me that they monitor our web useage very closely... and frankly, I don't feel like getting fired or found out.

But I'm here now. Enjoy me.

So, the good news is that I am looking at a house on Saturday. I drove by it tonight; it was dark outside but the lights were on inside, so I could see in. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. (Any possible structural or mold issues notwithstanding.) I'm not thrilled with the location of the neighbourhood. It's pretty far from work. But the house... oh, the house. It's freakin' awesome.

Pray for me.

The bad news? Well, there isn't really any bad news, exactly. But it's been a bizarro week.

First, there was the baby shower. For a good friend (I set her up with her husband... many props to me, please), whom I do absolutely love. However. At this shower, there were 10 women, and -- count them please -- six babies. SIX. Four of them under the age of one.

At any given time, one was crying, one was spitting up, one was screaming and one was filling a diaper with substances that could peel paint.

AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

Not to mention that my formerly party-worthy girlfriends have suddenly become a brood of Mommies who happily sniff the bums of their girlfriends' children to detect any possible new poop. I literally almost had a panic attack.

I am so far from being ready for kids, it's almost laughable. I thought I was way closer. Nope. Not even. I am years away.

So, my friend Joycie and I left the baby shower of doom, and proceeded to drink way too much wine at a local lounge. Lindeman's Bin 50 Shiraz, you saved my life.

As if that wasn't enough, I've been dealing with The New Guy at work.

I will state right here: call in the fire department, this man is hot. HOWEVER. It is exhausting to sit beside this guy. Because I don't have enough of a way with words, I won't bother trying to describe it.

Just believe me.

I will say, it takes every ounce of my energy to deal with him all day long. I have never met someone who is so high maintanence. EVER.

And so, I will close with a prayer: God, PLEASE, get those people to hurry up at The Job so I can finally be done with the waiting and wondering, and I can MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE... and never have to deal with The New Guy again.

Oh, and may I please win the house on Saturday... maybe even for a couple thousand dollars below asking price?

That would be so nice.
|