Monday, January 31, 2005

What have I done?

Before I begin: I'll post pictures from the house later... the place I'm hosting my photos is giving me trouble. Nickel... I need your expert painting opinion. Email me? I dropped you a note the other day to the addy you left in the comments.

NOW. What have I done?

It's not as dire as the title sounds, but I will say that I can barely move my forearms right now.

Today was my first day of Fitness Boot Camp.

For one hour a day, five days a week for the next month, I will be getting my ass kicked by a trainer. Me and five other women. Did I mention that it starts at 5:45am? Yes. 5:45am - 6:45am, Monday to Friday. No excuses.

Five-f*cking-forty-five in the morning. What the hell was I thinking?

The trainer dude? He comes off as really mild and meek, but when he starts counting our pushups and other such reps... he's not so nice. I actually got in trouble for sitting down at one point. Oops. Won't do that again.

He guarantees at least a 5lb. weight loss in the month. We'll see. Since I only really have 10 or 15lbs. to lose, it's a very slow, gruelling process to get it off. If this works? I'll be a convert.

It's actually 8:15am now, I'm just about to head out for work but I wanted to post this... already, my muscles are tightening and I feel like I've been kicked by a pack of horses. (Pack? Do horses travel in packs? You know what I mean.)

So there you go. Can I make it at 5:45am every day until March 2nd? I sure hope so. I'm not interested in incurring the wrath of the trainer if I miss a session.
|