Monday, February 14, 2005

Oddest thing

I keep looking down and surprising myself by seeing the ring. Bizarro.

Now, the details: the proposal was simple but perfect.

We did go looking at rings a couple of times, but it was just casually. Still, I knew it was coming so if he had gotten all dressed up or taken me for a fancy dinner or anything at all, I would have suspected it all night long.

Instead, we got takeout thai food for dinner, cracked a six of Coors Light (we're usually red wine people, I swear, but I think he wanted something more effective to calm his nerves), and then went downstairs to watch the re-broadcast of Thursday's Apprentice.

Once I was settled on the couch, he went back upstairs to grab a box of chocolates I had opened earlier in the week.

Inside? He placed the ring. And the rest, as they say, is history.

No, I didn't cry... I was too stunned.

Now the planning. Everyone is telling me that September is far too soon to plan a wedding. Yeah? Well, then I'll show them all that they're wrong.

I hate when people tell me I can't do something.

So, here we go... this is gonna be a wild ride.
|