Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Great news, tempered

I spoke to The Guy at The Job yesterday. The conversation was highly, incredibly positive. More than I possibly could have expected.

For those who haven't been with me since the beginning of this particular incarnation of my blogging life, the synopsis is: my dream job came open in August, my name was recommended by the guy who left the position (he got a massive promotion which included a cross-country move), and things looked fairly positive.

It's now March and they still haven't hired for the job. There are a number of very valid reasons, and one that is continuing to prevent them from moving forward on it.

In any case, the fact is that I'm apparently still top of mind with them and when they finally are able to go ahead, they'll be calling.

I was sort of excited, but this thing has been going on so long that it just feels like more of the same.

But that's not even really the problem.

So, I've moved into the house and the wedding plans are coming along (September 24th, anyone?)...yet, I feel totally unexcited, uninspired, and basically unhappy.

Why?

People keep telling me that I've got so much going on right now, all big life-changing stuff, which is true. But I don't feel overwhelmed so much as underwhelmed.

I'm not enjoying life in my own skin. And I just don't know what to do about that.
|